The next generation in sun protection
Meet the newest ingredients to offer safe sun protection: Eusolex® UV-Pearls®. Until now, researchers have been unable to treat cosmetic raw materials efficiently. That’s all changed thanks to our innovative sol-gel coating technology. Now, effective and coatings can be achieved, allowing for easy to formulate daywear formulations and sunscreens.
Key benefits of Eusolex® UV-Pearls® include:
- Sol-gel treated UV filters stay on the surface of the skin where they’re needed
- Coating provides gentle skin protection by prevention of the UV filter from coming into contact with skin surface.
- Sol-gel coating leads to reduced dermal uptake and low allergy potential.
- Coating of hydrophobic UV filters allows for new formulation concepts and therefore new opportunities for the cosmetic formulator.
- Coating of tacky UV filters results in a smooth, non-greasy skin feel for the consumer.
The future of light protection
Protection that stays put
Sol-gel coated UV filters stay on the surface of the skin where they’re needed.
Double your SPF
Eusolex® UV-Pearls® can boost the in vivo SPF. Our data show that adding our capsules to the water phase can double the in vivo SPF of distinct formulations. As few as 5.4% Eusolex® UV-Pearls® 2292 or Eusolex® UV-Pearls® OMC (corresponding to just 2 % of the organic UV filter) pushed the SPF value of a sunscreen from 10 to 20.
Simplified suncare solutions
Eusolex® UV-Pearls® are easy to formulate with, and sol-gel coating also allows for developing sunscreens with improved photostability of Avobenzone.
Eusolex® UV-Pearls® 2292 in the Performance Materials Product Catalog.
Eusolex® UV-Pearls® OMC in the Performance Materials Product Catalog.
Eusolex® UV-Pearls® OB-S in the Performance Materials Product Catalog.
Eusolex® UV-Pearls® OB-S X in the Performance Materials Product Catalog.