Beauty in an instant
Iriodin® is the classic effect pigment for refined coatings for interior and exterior applications. Mica-based pearlescent pigments create unique luster and color effects that otherwise occur only in nature – from silver-white, red and bronze-colored earth tones and interference to gold luster.
- Bestows every moment with optical elegance
- Creates an aura of exclusivity
- Accentuates designs and forms
- Unique luster and color effects that otherwise occur only in nature
- Various effects from shimmer to glitter possible, depending on the particle size distribution
- Iridescent effects allow color stylings for different viewing angles
Applications for Iriodin®
With its outstanding visual and technical properties, Iriodin® is used in a wide range of coating applications, especially in the automotive, architectural, and other industrial sectors. Iriodin® pigments are also offered with an additional coating layer especially for exterior applications. These weather-resistant pigments thus fulfill the highest requirements of reproducibility and lasting color consistency.
Printing and plastics
Iriodin® pearlescent pigments also open up an extraordinary variety of color effects in the printing industry. They can be worked into the print color or used in pre- or overprinting – for materials as diverse as paper, cardboard boxes, films, ceramic and glass surfaces and even textiles. Iriodin® is especially suited for use in gravure, flexo and screen printing and pressure coating. In every process, the smoother the printing material's surface and the thicker the layer, the better the color and luster effects.
Iriodin® pearl luster pigments consist of thin platelets of the natural material mica, coated in a wafer-thin layer of metal oxide. This creates semi-transparent pigments which give a coating the soft, deep luster that is characteristic of pearls and mother-of-pearl.
The effect varies from silky smooth to glittery, depending on the particle size distribution. The interplay between transparency, refraction and multiple reflection determines the enormous variety of effects.
- For interior and exterior applications
- Consist of thin platelets of natural or synthetic mica, coated in a wafer-thin layer of metal oxide
- Outstanding visual and technical properties
- Used in a wide range of coating applications, especially in the automotive sector, architecture and other industrial sectors