Eco-Friendly Wetting Agents
Our solution for eco-friendly wetting agents
The Tivida® FL product line’s success lies in its unique molecular design. As opposed to standard longchain (C6) fluorosurfactants, Tivida® FL has a branched structure with ultrashort fluorinated alkyl groups (C2 and C3). This structure allows our Tivida® FL surfactants to achieve top performance in a broad range of coating formulations while at the same time being nontoxic, nonbioaccumulative and environmentally friendly. Competitor materials with standard linear long chains need to constantly maintain a balance between performance and toxicity/bioaccumulation. With Tivida® FL, you enjoy the advantages without any compromises until 2020 and beyond.
Our distinctive branched ultrashort-chain C2 and C3 fluorosurfactant technology has been tested according to OECD standards. The following environmental data apply to the individual Tivida® FL products.
- Tivida® FL 2200, FL 2300 and FL 2500 cause no acute oral or inhalation toxicity; no acute aquatic toxicity or bioaccumulation potential in aquatic environments
- Gene mutation and chromosome aberration assays show no mutagenicity for Tivida® FL 2200, FL 2300 and FL 2500
- Tivida® FL 2700 shows no acute oral toxicity
- Gene mutation assays show no mutagenicity for Tivida® FL 2700
- For Tivida® FL 2700 further studies and registrations are in progress. For more details please visit www.tivida.com
- Tivida® FL products meet the goals of the voluntary U.S. EPA 2010/15 PFOA Stewardship Program