who we are
Process Solutions experts collaborate with the world's leading drug developers to help bring life-saving and life-enhancing drug therapies to patients, faster. The expertise, products and services we offer help drug manufacturers develop, make, purify, formulate and assure their drugs, as well as ensure that they meet regulatory safety standards.
We are transforming the path from treatments to cures. Alongside pharmaceutical manufacturers, we advance important molecules across our five franchises: bioprocessing, actives & formulation, end-to-end, gene editing and novel modalities, and testing services.
We provide the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio of high-quality products, services and testing for biopharmaceutical manufacturing. Our products and services are critical for diseases such as breast cancer, lymphoma, diabetes, multiple sclerosis, migraines, Crohn's Disease, pediatric brain cancer, and COVID-19. For decades, we have collaborated with our customers to shape how drug production is done today and will continue to shape the possibilities of tomorrow.
The life science business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany operates as MilliporeSigma in the U.S. and Canada.
What we do
Process Solutions helps our customers develop, make, purify, formulate and assure the quality of life-enhancing and life-saving drugs across our five franchises: bioprocessing, actives & formulations, end-to-end, gene editing & novel modalities, and testing services
Process Solutions portfolio products and services are sold under three major brands: Millipore®, SAFC® or BioReliance®.
Watch our video and learn more about process solution and how we solve the toughest problems in life science.
Learn more about us
- MilliporeSigma’s Latest Technologies Earn Industry Recognition for Accelerating Bioprocessing 4.0
- MilliporeSigma and Transcenta Collaborate to Advance Continuous Biomanufacturing, Make the ‘Facility of the Future’ a Reality
- MilliporeSigma Awards Grant to Combined Therapeutics for its Nucleic Acid Platform That, with Virotherapy, Targets Liver Cancer
- MilliporeSigma’s New VirusExpress™ Platform Speeds Development of Cell and Gene Therapies
- MilliporeSigma Licenses CRISPR Genome-Editing Technology to PanCELLa and Takara Bio USA
- Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, Announces € 59 Million Antibody-Drug Conjugate Manufacturing Expansion
- MilliporeSigma Announces VAR2 Pharmaceuticals as Winner of its Advance Biotech Grant
- MilliporeSigma and 10x Genomics Launch Powerful New Option for CRISPR Research
- Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and Baylor College of Medicine Announce Collaboration to Advance a Vaccine Manufacturing Platform to Fight Covid-19
- Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany Announces Boost to Commercial Viral Vector and Gene Therapy Manufacturing Capacity