A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Inhouse Consulting is the internal management consulting department of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany. Our team of over 60 consultants and associates develops and implements local and global strategies for senior executives across all our business divisions: MilliporeSigma, EMD Serono, EMD Performance Materials. Our US offices are in the Greater Boston Area (Burlington, Billerica, and Rockland), while our Global Headquarters are based in Darmstadt, Germany.
The Global Graduate Program:
The Global Graduate Program (GGP) is the company’s career accelerator for high potential professionals who are early in their careers. During the 24-month program, associates will experience a mix of strategic management consulting projects as well as functional rotations in the pharmaceutical, life science and performance materials industries. During the program, associates will work out of our headquarters in Darmstadt, Germany for up to four months and will have the option of an additional international rotation.
Associates will also participate in targeted professional trainings and our internal coaching program to continuously improve their technical expertise and business acumen.
Following successful completion of the Global Graduate Program, associates can plan to move on to challenging and exciting positions across the company.
Who you are:
- Ideal candidates for the Global Graduate Program are early in their careers, enjoy working on teams, and have a global mindset.
- Candidates with an advanced degree in science or engineering must have a demonstrated interest in business through coursework, professional experience, or internships.
- Candidates with an advanced degree in business must have a demonstrated interest in the life science, pharmaceutical, or performance materials industries.
- Applicants should be prepared for behavioral and consulting case interviews.
- Master’s degree or PhD in business, science and/or engineering
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Proactive and self-motivated mindset
- Outstanding communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written English (additional language(s) a plus)
- Mastery of MS Office (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability and willingness to live and work from our headquarters in Darmstadt, Germany for up to 4 months
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.
MilliporeSigma is a division of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt Germany.