A career with us is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
EMD Serono a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany; is a leading science and technology company in healthcare, focused on specialty care. The Canadian healthcare commercial business has a deep expertise in neurology, fertility and endocrinology, and a strong pipeline of potential therapies in oncology, immuno-oncology and immunology.
The Sales Training Manager role within EMD Serono is responsible for creating a learning strategy to help ensure the building of knowledge and skills to execute Neurology Business Unit (BU) objectives. The Sales Training Manager will be the customer centric selling expert for the BU is fully accountable for driving selling excellence across the Neurology sales group.
INTERNAL: Neurology Business Unit Director, Neurology Sales Management, Neurology Key Account Managers, Neurology Marketing, Medical, Compliance and Legal.
GLOBAL: Neurology Sales Trainers, Global Marketing.
EXTERNAL: Key Opinion Leaders, learning vendors.
- Design, develop and continuously advance training curricula for Key Account Managers (KAMs) across the Neurology portfolio of products, with focus on product, disease state, selling skills, market environment and account management.
- Collaborate with appropriate team members to identify and analyze needs/skill gaps with the purpose of building appropriate and timely training solutions.
- Collaborate with sales management, marketing and compliance to design and direct training workshops that support various strategy/POA sales meetings.
- Identify metrics to measure the impact, effectiveness, appropriateness and utility of training program(s).
- Identify and partner with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) as appropriate, to support the development of training curricula and/or to address a specific ad hoc training need.
- Effectively direct the activities of vendor partners, including budget management for training projects.
- Conduct regular field visits with KAMs to assess individual needs, the relevance of current training efforts and to be in-tune with changing marketplace dynamics.
- Manage the home-study curricula of new hires on the KAM team.
- Maintain a strong level of product, market and business knowledge and expertise.
- Understand the culture and values of the organization and champion both the department's and the company's vision.
- Respect and adhere to all ethical/legal/regulatory/company guidelines.
- Effectively manage the navigation of multiple training pieces through the PSMRC process for promoted brands
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in a Training function with specialization in Pharmaceuticals. Training certification is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in a Sales function, with experience in Key Account Management and/or Sales Management preferred.
- Established reputation for excellence in adult learning principles.
- Expertise in the neurology therapeutic area, with focus on Multiple Sclerosis.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with proven ability to develop rapport and motivate colleagues.
- High motivation and often described as a self-starter.
- Creative and eager to implement new approaches.
- Demonstrated strength in presentation and moderator skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in English (French is an asset).
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com