A career with us is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
EMD Performance Materials, the North American high-tech materials brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, comprises a portfolio for applications in fields such as consumer electronics, lighting, coatings, printing technology, plastics, and cosmetics. Key products are: display materials, LED materials for lighting as well as OLED materials for lighting and displays, functional materials for solar panels and energy solutions, effect pigments as well as active ingredients and fillers for cosmetics, food and pharmaceutical products, effect pigments and functional materials for coatings, printing and plastics and high-purity specialty chemical materials for the electronics and semiconductor industry and is currently working on innovative materials for technologies that enable solar energy to be used efficiently and energy-saving LEDs and OLEDs to be developed.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Responsibility for the technical management of product containers (ampoules/bubblers), their design criteria, preparation methods and applications/performance testing in the intended use in the customer process
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (key accountabilities)Â
- Coordinate new design ampoules specific to materials and customer processes
- Employ modeling capabilities in the design/development/improvement of ampoules/bubblers
- Undertake reviews of the container fleet in meeting known and anticipated Business requirements
- Participate in design reviews, to provide container related input into overall product offering
- Recommend programs and process improvements to current and future container designs to better meet customer needs, and improve SAFC Hitech costs.
- Implement the above
- Assist in developing processes and procedures needed to provide effective control in container preparation and handling
- Coordinate the ampoule / container related process components of new product development within EMD-PMIâs stage gate system
- Develop and maintain close technical relationships with leadership and technologists at key Original Equipment Makers (OEMs) and Semiconductor Device Makers.
- Undertake process audits
- Interact with OEMâs on container related development and process effectiveness
- Work with vendors, to ensure capability alignment with SAFC Hitech Business needs
- Provide input to technology roadmap from a container standpoint
- Develop performance evaluation test methods/machines and implementation
- Lead technical review of container quality issues
Essential:Â Undergraduate degree in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline preferred.
Desirable:Â Chemistry or similar expertise.
- Fundamental knowledge of semiconductor materials, supply chains, thorough understanding of industry landscape and all aspects of semiconductor manufacturing processes steps
- 5+ years practical experience in the Semiconductor or semiconductor supply industry with a technical background in semiconductor engineering/manufacturing
- Extensive networking in the semiconductor or specialty chemicals industries.
- Multi year experience of managing a function which involves container or cylinder preparation and management.
Understanding of CVD and ALD processes
Clear leadership skills, Strategic Direction/Vision across functions
Excellent problem solving skills and ability to analyze processes
Good communication skills (Globally)
Clear headed; Technical insight and knowledge with thorough understanding of semiconductor processes, and the role of the container / material to them.
Ability to lead multi-disciplinary task Teams in response to issues, and issue resolution
High bias for action
Knowledge of container related regulations, and their impacts on use
Clear logical thinker.
Global experience with ability to interface effectively in various international and cultural setting
Ability to communicate at multiple levels and multiple functions internally and externally
Good business acumen.
Good networking skills.
Ability to handle ambiguity, change and risk
Experience of basic Chemistry and Chemical processes
Working CAD knowledge
Desirable:Â Second language
ADDITIONAL LOCAL NEEDS:
Environmental conditions: Travel to Asia, Europe, US, spend time in regions, interface with global customers and work with employees in regions.
Hearing and vision within normal limits
Ability to operate PC.
Travel without restriction inside and outside the USA
Physical ability to undertake investigative work on ampoules and ampoule preparations systems
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.
EMD Performance Materials is a division of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt Germany.