A career with us is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Who we are: EMD Performance Materials, the North American high-tech materials brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, comprises a portfolio for applications in fields such as consumer electronics, lighting, coatings, printing technology, plastics, and cosmetics. Key products are: display materials, LED materials for lighting as well as OLED materials for lighting and displays, functional materials for solar panels and energy solutions, effect pigments as well as active ingredients and fillers for cosmetics, food and pharmaceutical products, effect pigments and functional materials for coatings, printing and plastics and high-purity specialty chemical materials for the electronics and semiconductor industry and is currently working on innovative materials for technologies that enable solar energy to be used efficiently and energy-saving LEDs and OLEDs to be developed.
Your role: Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Develop thorough understanding of the material, customer requirements and support our R&D directors in developing new products to create profitable growth for the Ormet business platform.
- Develop new material formulations and support various R&D projects, run experiments and evaluate results.
- Cooperate with quality and manufacturing departments for R&D product scale up process
- Contribute to the generation of Intellectual Properties.
- Contribute to the evaluation of competitor landscape.
- Work independently on the design, execution, and interpretation of experimental results.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of experimental designs, assay development, experimental results, and data analysis.
- Support strategy for optimization of material development as needed.
- Your possibilities to develop in our growing company are just as manifold as our product portfolio.
Who you are:
- PhD in Chemistry or Materials Science with 1+ years of experience in an appropriate technical or scientific discipline;
- Hands-on experience in sintering technologies and formulation.
- Must be able to work on assigned projects independently and to complete projects of high quality in a timely manner.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to analyze, troubleshoot and overcome technical hurdles independently and methodically with minimal guidance.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Significant understanding of the electronics industry, and specific experience in this area is particularly desirable.
- Understanding of Design of Experiments methodologies, and experience analyzing data using statistical analysis tools.
- Detail-oriented with good time management skills.
- Ability to stay proactive and cooperative working in a small team environment.
- The ability to communicate fluently in English is essential.
- Regular international travel is required, with total travel time no more than 20%
- Strong presentation and written and verbal communication skills
- Effective computer skills in Microsoft Office suite, and e-mail/calendaring database systems, such as Outlook are preferred.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.
EMD Performance Materials is a division of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt Germany.