Merck is a leading science and technology company in healthcare, life science and performance materials. Around 50,000 employees in 67 countries work to further develop technologies that improve and enhance life – from biopharmaceutical therapies to treat cancer or multiple sclerosis, cutting-edge systems for scientific research and production, to liquid crystals for smartphones and LCD televisions.
You will work within the Business Technology group, as part of the Business Partner organization for R&D. You are a senior subject matter expert in Pharma R&D, Medical Affairs, Chemical Pharmaceutical Development, Consumer Health Care, and associated systems.
The BT Business Partner R&D serves as the executive expert for the assigned business functions (Merck Consumer Health and Biopharma CPD) on systems and technology. You will contribute to leadership team initiatives, and strategy for digital improvements.
You will establish and manage client relationships with R&D executives in your assigned area including demand and portfolio management, service and complaint management.
Due to your profound background in IT, you will proactively advise the business on trends in technology and identify related risks and opportunities. You will regularly report on current and future R&D requirements and promote BT solutions accordingly.
You will collect and manage the IT demand and roadmaps of the business, and support and advise in the prioritization of projects and related activities. Finally, you will be accountable for initiation, steering and delivery of the entire R&D IT project portfolio of your business clients.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in science, information technology, computer science, engineering, mathematics, pharmaceutics, and/or business administration
- Detailed business knowledge of Consumer Health and CPD (CMC) (required) and detailed business knowledge of the Medical Affairs business function (preferred)
- Extensive professional experience (7-10 years) in various IT and R&D roles in the Pharmaceutical industry (required).
- Leadership experience (5+ years) in developing and executing technology strategies and/or project portfolios.
- Broad knowledge in Information Technologies and capable to quickly learn new areas to gain domain expertise. Strong willingness to continuously develop and grow.
- Language(s): superb command of English (written and spoken), additional languages would be advantageous, especially German.
What we offer: Your possibilities to develop in our growing company are just as manifold as our product portfolio. We offer a modern and international working environment to unleash your innovative potential in diverse teams, and take responsibility for our employees, products, the environment and society.
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2merck.com