A career with us is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Who We Are: EMD Serono is the North American biopharma brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany - a leading science and technology company - focused exclusively on specialty care. For more than 40 years, the brand has integrated cutting-edge science, innovative products and industry-leading patient support and access programs. EMD Serono has deep expertise in neurology, fertility and endocrinology, as well as a robust pipeline of potential therapies in oncology, immuno-oncology and immunology as R&D focus areas.
The Medical Director Avelumab Combinations,Â Global Medical Affairs Oncology is a key role on the Global Medical Affairs Oncology team, and works closely with partners internally on the medical team, as well as with the R&D and clinical development departments. The Medical Director leads a cross-functional team that is responsible for guiding the development and life cycle management of an oncology drug, including supporting clinical development, pre-launch, peri-launch, and post approval.
The Medical Director is responsible for working closely with the Senior Medical Director andÂ Medical Directors of theÂ Global Medical Affairs Oncology team to build, monitor, track, manage, and assist with the development and implementation of theÂ Global Medical Affairs strategic medical plans and initiatives. In addition, this role requires close coordination cross-functionally with Global Medical Excellence and Operations, Regional & Country Medical Affairs, Research & Development, Global Business Franchise, Medical Information, Regulatory Affairs, Legal and Finance to create and ensure alignment across all teams.
Who You Are:
- Advanced degree: MD, with experience in oncology (required)
- English â excellent command of spoken and written English (German a plus)
- Minimum ofÂ 5 years of managerial responsibilities in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry, or equivalent academic experience with demonstration of successful results
- Clinical experience and knowledge treating oncology patients.
- Demonstrated understanding of the clinical development and post-approval environment for pharmaceuticals including post-approval clinical studies and medical affairs strategic initiatives
- Knowledge and application of business planning & leadership principles, such as goal setting, action plans, monitoring tools, directive and supportive techniques to develop and implement action plans
- Possess strong budget experience and knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to work with teams, manage a diverse work group, motivate them, and maximize productivity
- Creation and oversight of cross-functional and multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience in developing and leading teams in changing competitive environment, changing product technology, and changing needs
- Experience in working in an environment, which integrates all business unit functions
- Demonstrated orientation & credibility with internal and external customers
- Creation of solid plans and reports for which performance and progress can be measured and evaluated
- Able to travel up to 40% (required)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.
EMD Serono is a division of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt Germany.