A career with us is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Who we are: MilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany – a leading science and technology company. It offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
Your role: Reporting to the Region Manager, the North Central Account Manager is responsible for achieving sales, growth targers, profit margins, expense goals, and forecast revenue goals as well as strategic objectives and customer satisfaction for the specific set of accounts assigned within the territory of IL, MI, and WI. Key position tasks and requirements include:
Who you are:
• A bachelor's degree in science or related field or demonstrated equivalent experience is required along with excellent communications (English speaking) and interpersonal relations skills
• Proven ability to deliver sales results while being a team player. Minimum 2 years direct sales and/or marketing management experience in the life sciences market
• Ability to travel up to 60% as necessary and a Valid U.S. Driver’s license
• Demonstrated Account Management skills including knowledge of Purchasing Departments, ability to maintain and grow top labs in key accounts. Proven ability to identify, drive and close sales employing a Technical and Tactical Consultative approach.
• Ability to use telephone and computer equipment.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.
MilliporeSigma is a division of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt Germany.