A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: Your role as Associate Director, N&I R&D Communications will be to lead strategic communication initiatives across Global R&D in support of our efforts within our Immunology pipeline to raise our innovation reputation internally and externally. You will serve as a strategic partner to key functions in R&D leadership, leading and supporting key initiatives within our Immunology pipeline that add value to our Global Healthcare Communications efforts and will report to the Head of Global N&I Communications.
- Create and lead strategic communication plans that support our pipeline in Immunology, including pipeline milestone communications and collaboration communications. Will lead communications for a number of investigational pipeline assets in the in the area of Immunology. Develop strong messaging platform and materials to tell the Immunology R&D story and raise the visibility of company as an emerging leader in the space.
- Raise the thought leadership through communication of activities related to key congresses and executive speaking engagements through traditional and social channels. Maximize collaborations (academic, industry, etc) internally and externally.
- Manage external public relations agency. Support Immunology leadership in communicating across R&D and externally where appropriate – conferences, media interviews, etc.
- Manage PR agency to support in immunology communications. Work in collaboration with N&I communications to ensure alignment of messaging and activities.
- Support successful global launch communications for products in registration internally and externally manage key projects across R&D that drive value to the business, including internal and external communications initiatives such as digital content, including internal newsletters.
- Contribute to Global R&D Communications strategy in collaboration with Global Healthcare Communications.
- Serve as strategic partner to members of R&D ELT, including Global Clinical Development, Global Regulatory Affairs, TIP Immunology.
- This responsibility will require regular participation on leadership teams to create and execute on strategic communications opportunities, including identifying and/or developing functional content for communication across R&D content for external dissemination; channel selections, and execution.
Who you are: Must have a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree and a minimum of 7 years of experience in a biopharma communications role.
Additional skills needed:
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of communications principles and best practices
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Strong writing ability with writing sample required
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with members of the media (established media network preferred)
- Strong eMedia skills across web, social media, other technologies/platforms
- Ability to travel both domestic and international travel up to 20% of time
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.