A career with us is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Who we are: MilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany â a leading science and technology company. It offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
Your Role: As a Webhelp Analyst, you will be part of our first tier support team for the www.sigmaaldrich.com site. You will primarily interact with customers experiencing problems on our site via email and you will be using a customer-centric approach while working towards resolving their complaints.
In addition to addressing customer complaints, you will also be involved in proactively looking for customer pain points on the website -- technical problems and usability issues, with session analysis and performance tools. Essential job functions will include, but not be limited to:
- Resolve questions/complaints that come to the Webhelp Desk by using standard procedures and by partnering with other teams. Assess the need for adding external customer facing FAQs to the website(s) for recurring problems.
- Learn new website(s)/functionality that are added to the Webhelp Desk Queue and write training materials that can be shared with team members.
- Have a Customer Satisfaction mindset. Keep updated on customer satisfaction scores via the Foresee Tool, and proactively use website performance tools.
- Learn website performance and session analysis tools. Monitor website performance dashboards for irregularities. Analyze irregularities and alert Web Administrators as necessary.
- Bring tickets put in by customer service teams to the forefront and utilize all resources available to bring tickets to completion to ensure customer satisfaction.
Who you are:
- Education: Associateâs degree or equivalent industry experience.
- 2-3 yearsâ experience working in an eCommerce customer/technical service role
- 3-4 yearsâ experience working in a customer facing service role
- Experience with common office applications, ticketing systems
- Competencies & Skills:
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Organization/Time management skills
- Effective communication skills (oral, written)
- Self-motivated with the ability to be productive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with people from various backgrounds/cultures.
- Must be able to provide after-hours support as needed.
- Relocation not available
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.
MilliporeSigma is a division of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt Germany.