A career with us is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: As a key contributor to the Human Resources Business Partner Team for the West Coast Area including Southern and Northern California, the Sr. HR Business Partner will join an engaging team. Our commitment is to leverage a variety of HR solutions fostering organizational success and cross-organizational opportunities. You will partner with the site leadership team to identify goals and priorities into the development and implementation of HR related solutions that drive the business priorities. You will be responsible for the delivery of key HR processes such as talent management, performance management and compensation, change management, workforce planning, anticipating recruitment needs, etc. and ensuring a consistent approach. Furthermore, you will be working with the business to support the optimal organizational structure, providing consultative organizational development, leadership coaching and feedback. This position will be based out of Temecula, California, USA.
We impact business performance through being close business partnering to our customers and enliven a winning team spirit.
Who you are: The Sr. HR Business Partner has a clear understanding of the business strategy and operating plan and develops an HR strategy to drive productivity and business results. The Sr. HR Business Partner will partner with business leaders in areas which include organizational design, talent management, developing a pipeline of talent and organizational change. The Sr. HRBP is responsible for providing strategic and operational HR support to both the Ramona and Temecula Operations personnel for the Biologics Cluster, as well as support as needed to the Carlsbad site under Process Solutions and support to other CA sites, such as both Hayward sites for Operation Employees and Seattle; these sites fall under our Separations Cluster. These organizations consists of ~500 employees. This role is the prime HR interface with the key leadership teams and is expected to take the lead role in overseeing HR deliver to the organization; partnering with COE and Services colleagues as appropriate to do so.
- Identify goals and priorities for the organization, and translating those priorities into the development and implementation of HR related solutions that drive the business priorities;
- Driving an integrated talent strategy across the Biologics Technology Cluster and other Clusters as needed to identify talent at all levels and ensure robust development planning.
- Building and maintaining effective linkages across the HR pillars (COE, Services, and other HRBPs) to ensure design and delivery of HR solutions across the organization with the appropriate level of consistency
- Builds an organizational strategic talent plan including overview of current talent and gaps as well as future requirements and solutions;
- Effectively aligns HR systems and processes including compensation, staffing, learning and engagement, performance management etc. with business needs and implement HR solutions as appropriate;
- Provides leadership coaching and feedback; acting as a “sounding board” for senior leadership on business and people priorities;
BA/BS required; MBA, MA in Organizational Development, Human Resource Management or related field preferred;
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience as an HR Business Partner with demonstrated progressive HR generalist responsibilities including 5 plus years as HR Business Partner;
- Strong business acumen and ability to contribute to the business strategy and operation plans;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with business leaders to develop, implement and monitor HR programs that enable the achievement of business goals;
- Demonstrated ability to take risks, make independent decisions and evaluate people
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment;
- Excellent interpersonal/influencing skills, with ability to effectively coach leaders, build relationships and leverage resources within the function and across the organization to advance business strategy;
- Demonstrated success in driving difficult change in a highly matrixed and complex global organization. Excellent knowledge in change management, organizational design, talent, performance management, strategic and operational planning;
- Strong problem solving, facilitation and analytical skills;
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Excellent written, oral communication, and presentation skills with the ability to influence all levels of the organization; effectively gains agreement/consensus for ideas; operates in multicultural/international environment;
- Advanced skills with Power Point, Excel; Success Factor experience as plus as well as Visier
- Strong evidence of both a strategic and "hands on" leadership orientation
Domestic & International travel up to 25%
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.
MilliporeSigma is a division of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt Germany.