A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
In general, the HR Process Manager evaluates, designs, executes, measures, monitors, controls and improves HR processes to make sure outcomes are in harmony with Merck’s strategic goals.
The Global HR Process Manager works collaboratively across all departments of the organization to help improve the management of all business processes.
He/She also tend to focus on the entire process end2end, introducing innovation such as digital and robotics into the process that can impact results, enhance profitability and assist the organization to meet its business objectives and goals.
The Risk & Audit Management as well as the Data Quality Management are also part of the role of the Global HR Process Manager
- Implement, evaluate and support the design of global HR processes
- Ensure the implementation of global HR policies in defining global standard processes
- Proactively identify, scope and prepare business cases for opportunities to improve processes in conjunction with process owners/managers
- Establish process documentation
- Support operational and workflow improvement (measurable)
- Define business requirements
- Redesign business operations – at all levels – process, sub process, activity, task
- Communicating new and changed policies
- Identify, detect, and create business processes towards accomplishing business goals specific for the organization.
- Monitor, develop metrics and report business process performance against accepted standards and KPI’s (Lean and Six Sigma)
- Maintain weekly/monthly status reports to key stakeholders tracking the status of the improvement project
- Ensure risks and issues are identified and communicated in a timely fashion.
- Work collaboratively across the organization to resolve complex issues and avoid risks to the project.
- Ensure the project team and key stakeholders are kept informed across relevant project activities.
- Act consistently and fairly with shared services customers, focusing on resolving issues and performing with a customer focused attitude.
- Global Governance of all payroll and T&A related e2e processes
- Global implementation of Payroll Strategy
- Monitor compliance of global payroll and identify potential risks
Education and Work Experience:
- University degree (business related); Master’s Degree strongly preferred
- Minimum of 6-8 years experience in the following (or similar) areas: Business Process Modelling, Analysis and Design, Project/Programme Management .
- High level computer literacy with the following applications – Microsoft suite, Visio, SAP
- In-depth understanding of HR policies and processes as well as a good understanding of at least one of our labour markets
- Experience leading multiple Process projects on a global scale.
- Relevant work experience in the area of HR policy and process design and optimization in an international environment
- Highly beneficial: experience in payroll and T&A related e2e processes
- Highly beneficial: experience with the implementation of a global Payroll Strategy
- Customer Focus – proven ability in making customers the key focus for decisions about business processes
Job specific Competencies and Skills
- Persistency combined with strong empathy
- Ability to work independently and under high pressure as well as in a demanding and dynamic environment
- Excellent English communication and negotiation skills
- Flexibility & willingness for regular business trip
- Effective negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent project management and consulting skills
- Strong result-orientation as well as high quality-orientation
- Strong analytical, organizational and process management skills.
- Ability to set priorities and execute accordingly – make difficult decisions and act autonomously
- To identify all opportunities for process improvements especially in regards to digitalization and robotics
- Develop initiatives as well as best practices for continuous business process improvements.
- Design, develop and implement business processes to achieve organization goals.
What we offer: At Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2merck.com