A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
HR Service Management Expert will report to the Global Head of HR Service Management and in collaboration is responsible for establishing the Service Management strategy, for developing and negotiating the global MBS HR service catalogue and associated service level agreements. She/he is also responsible for ensuring proper quality management of services delivered and for effectively managing the interfaces between the MBS HR organization and its external stakeholders as well as internal stakeholders especially HR Service Delivery Teams.
Within MBS SM Expert will partner across HR and the business to define and deliver a best in class Service Management framework with a strong focus therein to deliver value to the Merck business strategy. HR SM Expert will help define standard contact channels to collect, cleanse and consolidate customer inquiries/events/transactions inputs and outputs to lead and drive best in class customer support and interface management including MBS HR Service Operations, Service Demands, Service Measurement, Customer Relationship and Service Improvements. HR SM Expert will closely monitor service activity to convert opportunities when necessary including quality fulfillment, cost & value transparency. HR SM Expert will collaborate across MBS teams and channels to effect business process efficiencies in HR Delivery with a focus on customer interaction and high quality service fulfillment
Maintain strong relationship with both internal and external customers.
- Drive adoption of MBS by targeted change management, platform/process viability and operational excellence across service delivery teams.
- Drive and represent enterprise-wide MBS HR initiatives including further centralization and service improvement.
- Input to HR delivery model, HR business excellence and HR BT strategy as it relates to Service Management people, platforms and process excellence.
- Escalate and resolve service, process and system design issues in partnership with internal and external customers.
Facilitate Continuous Improvement.
- Ensure Service Management performance standards are met and customersâ expectations are exceeded.
- Ensures Knowledge Management by documenting and sharing best practices and templates.
- Innovative in driving Service Management continuous improvement offering new solutions and creative ideas including digital service transformation.
- Identify and articulate global and regional needs and ideas for improvement into clear and timely requirements for HR standards, processes, system and services and supports the implementation of measures.
- Review the portfolio of projects and services within Global HR and MBS: ensure requirements are adequately represented and services level agreements are mapped, clearly viable and accepted and understood by key stakeholders.
- Ensures proper quality management of services delivered by the MBS organization.
- Establishes a global Service Review process and plans, organizes and facilitates recurring meetings.
- Manages issue identification, escalation and solving with involvement of the respective stakeholders.
Implement MBS HR standards and support organization where necessary in implementation.
- Define Global HR SM process solutions and multi-channel platforms including but not limited to web, mobile, telephony and kiosk concepts providing access to case, knowledge and document management and quality service delivery fulfillment.
- Contribute to review and validation of new or updated contact channels and the design and continuous improvement of employee life cycle process via Service Management framework.
- Actively contribute to creation and review of Service Management functional costs and savings.
- Ensure positive customer experience via feedback, survey and customer effort benchmarks.
- Enable the business to focus on business by streamlining service delivery transactional events.
- Identifies performance issues, escalates them to the respective stakeholders and supports their resolution.
Ensure Service Management data integration & reporting excellence.
- Benchmarks KPIs and SLAs regularly and aligns them to the MGF strategies
- Ensure standard set of reports, KGI and KPIs are consistently used and managed.
- Monitor data accuracy and completeness; ensure corrective action on reported issues.
- Create and participate in MBS reporting network and share global/divisional best practices across all customer segments.
- Reviews and triggers updates of existing SLAs upon change requests.
- Establishes a global service reporting capability and drives its regional implementation
- Define and monitor governance and design of MBS HR SM including current and future state.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelorâs Degree Required
- SHRM, PMP or Sigma Certifications a plus
- Experience HR Services in an international environment (at least 6-8 years).
- Project management expertise (certification a plus).
- Experience with HR software, knowledge in case & knowledge management systems, e-file or document creation tools a plus.
- Experience with HR telephony, kiosk concept & platforms a plus.
- Study background could be e.g. Business, Engineering or HR
- Experience supporting senior-level management, preferably within global, matrix organizations.
- Knowledge of SAP a plus
- Highly proficient in Microsoft products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).Â Additional applications software knowledge like doc creation, escribe, Neocase, Service Now a plus.
- Experience with Visio
- Would be very beneficial to have HR Service Center experience
Job specific Cometencies and Skills:
- Purposeful, Innovative, Future-Oriented, Collaborative, Empowering and Results driven individual
- Must be able to work independently and partner with virtual team
- Must have superior customer service skills with the ability to network effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, critical thinking skills
- Confident in the role of a âtranslatorâ between business requirements and service delivery
- Ability to work within a global business environment and team managing a variety of stakeholders around the globe
- Ability to facilitate presentations and trainings to many levels of organization.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills across cultures and management levels
- Fluent English a must, other languages a plus
- Must have ability to prioritize confidential workload and multi-task. .
- High team orientation
- Ability to multitask and to be flexible to work assignments
- Strong organizational skills
- Discretion, judgment, tact and diplomacy are a must.
- Attention to detail and follow-through a must
- Up to 10% travel â domestic and international
What we offer: At Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2merck.com