A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
You will support our Advanced Analytics Team at the Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, in the space of text analytics and statistical programming by integrating data, configuring data pipelines, building ontologies and scripts for data transformations.
You will bring in first work experiences or practical knowledge in the area of data and text mining, e.g. natural language processing, machine learning, statistical programming languages (e.g. in R, Python). You will work with large data sets, and access and manipulate data from various data sources.
Optionally you have first work experiences or practical knowledge in: Biomedical life science or chemistry or database management (Oracle, MySQL) or knowledge in distributed computing systems, such as Hadoop and Spark.
Who you are:
- You are studying masters in computer science, information technology, or data sciences
- You have first experiences in data mining and machine learning techniques
- You show willingness to take on further and new tasks, feeling responsible and tenaciously for your work packages, and you are committed to achieve the best possible results.
- You bring in analytical skills and analytical thinking.
- You have the ability to put the client’s needs at the center of your thinking, and you are keen to establish a good level of cooperation with colleagues on different levels of hierarchy and from various cultures.
- You bring in excellent communication skills, fluent English is needed in spoken and written form.
What we offer: At Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2merck.com