A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
An exciting oppertunity is availible to join the UK&ROI Merck Medical Neurology and Immunology team as a Medical Manager. The Medical Manager will report to The Head of Medical Neurology and Immunology and support all Medical activities in the pre-launch phase of an exciting new product launch. There is also an existing promoted product and a robust pipline which will require support. This is an office based role however you are expected to spend 20% or more time with key customers in the field.
- To provide high quality medical/scientific expertise and strategic insight into relevant therapeutic disease area.
- To function as a Merck Serono UK therapeutic area expert in the delivery of factual and current information relevent to Merck’s portfolio of medicines in the field of neurology, and in particular multiple sclerosis (MS).
- To be a key individual in the development of ABPI/ABHI/IPHA Code compliant promotional and educational materials.
- To develop strategic & collaborative relationships with experts and influencers in the field of MS.
- To assist in the generation, publication and dissemination of robust and accurate scientifc and medical data.
- Maintain active surveillance of the medical and scientific environment to maintain expertise in MS management, including new therapies, clinical guideline, and cost driven health technology appraisals.
- Contribute to the Merck medical neurology plans, providing insights derived from the medical and scientific community.
- Actively manage non-promotional meetings such as symposia and advisory boards in accordance with the ABPI Code of Practice, relevant SOPs and as agreed with the Head of Medical, Neurology.
- Coordinate, in conjunction with the Head of Medical, Neurology, local publications in alignment with Merck Neurology‘s Development Plans, relevant Regional & Global Teams, and local stakeholders e.g. Health Economics as appropriate.
- Develop therapeutic area training materials for internal customers including new Merck employees and field sales teams.
- Provide copy approval support for Neurology products in accordance with the ABPI, ABHI and IPHA Codes of Practice.
- Collaborate with Commercial colleagues in the development of new promotional materials, and the surveillance and handling of materials in circulation.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with UK based MS Thought Leaders and other relevant influencers such as Patient Support Groups to allow exchange of scientific and medical information.
- Explore opportunities for Joint Working Initiatives with the NHS in a way that is always beneficial to the patient, in addition to being of mutual benefit to the NHS and Merck, and compliant with the relevent UK Codes of Practice.
- Comply with all UK and Irish regulatory guidelines and company SOPs in relation to the Pharmaceutical and devices Codes of Practice, and all other authorities.
- Communicate compliance standards and guide external stakeholders through the Merck complaince systems.
- Partner with external experts to develop and deliver scientific and education data via Merck sponsored meetings
- Support investigators through the Merck Investigator Sponsored Trials process
- Must be a UK registered Pharmacist or a Medical Doctor as this position requires Final Signature activities
- Previous experience in medical affairs within the UK pharmaceutical Industry. Significant direct KTL engagement essential.
- In-depth knowledge of and/or experience with the ABPI Code of Practice. Knowledge of ZINC desirable.
- Therapeutic area knowledge in the field of Neurology; knowledge of MS is highly desirable.
- Knowledge and experience in clinical studies such as Investigator Initiated Studies desirable.
- Clean driving licence
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstratable cross-functional working abilities.
What we offer: At Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2merck.com