A career with EMD Performance Materials is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This position is responsible for the quality test and release of all materials received and produced at our Haverhill, MA facility. Standard tests include Karl Fischer titration, NMR spectroscopic analysis, ICPOES, ICPMS and HPLC analyses. This position will also be responsible for the quality release of goods in our SAP QM system as well as product CoA creation.Â
Education: B.A. or B.S. in Chemistry
- 1+ years of experience within a Quality Control or Analytical Chemistry Department
- Ability to use critical thinking to solve complex problems with multiple variables
- A demonstrated ability to work independently and meet project deadlines
- Experience with OOC/OOS data analysis is a plus
- Experience handling air-sensitive or pyrophoric organometallic materials is a plus.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong bachelor-level knowledge of inorganic and organic chemistry and the ability to handle (transfer, sample preparation, etc.) of toxic/sensitive materials in a safe manner
- Strong understanding of NMR spectroscopy and NMR data processing
- Ability and eagerness to collaborate with both junior and senior scientists in order to expedite project completion.
- Basic understanding of ICPOES and ICPMS theory is a plus
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills and is eager to utilize these skills to collaborate with other departments.
- Ability to intelligently engage on a technical level with other junior and senior scientists.
- Ability to solve complex challenges by reviewing analytical data and identifying trends.
- Computer competencies: MS Office required. Bruker TopSpin and MestRenova (MNova) are a plus.Â
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.