A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
You are responsible for the professional handling of standard to highly complex IT audits incl. preparation, fieldwork, coordination, communication with senior management and action planning. The significant strategic contribution to changes of audit techniques and methodology to ensure state-of-the-art audit portfolio and standards is also part of your key tasks as well as the management of the interface and contact to other dedicated functions and contributing to internal control topics and continuous improvement on a group level. Furthermore you lead complex projects within Group Internal Auditing and conducting consultancy on internal control and process topics within/outside the function. You support the function head in developing and setting up of the annual and quarterly audit plans and you take part in external committees on selected audit areas to ensure exchange and leading practice input for Merck as a basis for continuous progress.
Who you are:
- You have a graduate Information Technology or business degree and related background incl. Business English on negotiation level.
- Profound and many years (minimum 6 to 8 years+) of IT audit related working experience. Ideally within a multinational company or accountancy firm.
- Significant corporate/operational audit knowledge and experience.
- Proven leadership and project management skills incl. personal efficiency.
- Willingness to travel globally (up to 30 % to 40 % travel time).
What we offer: At Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2merck.com