A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The Quality Technician ( Mircrobioology) will be working within GMP lab environment, with focus on the microbiogical techniques performed within QC.The role will involve being the site point of contact for Microbiology investigations, supporting both the QC and production areas during investigations.The post holder must be able to apply a risk-based approach to operation and interpretation of resulting data. The role will also involve growth promotion testing, bioburden testing, API identification, aseptic technique & sampling, sterility testing and environmental monitoring.
Who you are:
- Undertakes all general QC testing and participates in any out of specification investigations, generates reports and raises deviations as they are identified
- Undertakes all microbiological testing such as bioburden, API identification, sterility, endotoxin, growth performance, environmental monitoring
- Continuously evaluates and improves the microbiology and environmental monitoring programme to meet regulatory, customer and business needs
- Participates in root cause analysis for Microbiology investigations across the site
- Supports production investigations and gives Microbiology expertise
- Participates in sampling and testing of the site water systems
- Participates in customer and regulatory audits as required
- Participates in the development of relevant procedures, and where required, update of controlled documents to fulfil testing requirements
- Actively utilises the SAP data management system (or similar) for the reporting of QC results
- Coordinates additional testing of complaint or stability samples as per customer requests
- Assists in execution of validation protocols as required
- As required samples, tests and makes usage decisions on raw materials to meet regulatory and customer expectations
- Participates in risk assessment and root cause analysis evaluation activities as required
- Participates in Process Improvement initiatives relating to QC testing activities
- Participates in department training and where required development and performance of training to meet site training needs
- Actively participates in the EH&S responsibilities for all functions performed within QC
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!