A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: Reporting to the Regional Distribution Operations Manager the Distribution Supervisor will be responsible for the effective management of assigned distribution operations at the site. Directing the daily activities of the distribution team, you will assess workflow, schedules and staffing requirements for completion of job assignments. You will be able to interpret and implement company policies and procedures to ensure compliance and adherence. The Distribution Supervisor plays a key role in goal setting, team member development and administration of performance evaluations. Interfacing cross-functionally at all levels within the divisions of the company is an essential component of this role. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining an open, engaging labor relations environment addressing issues thoughtfully, effectively and in a timely fashion.
Essential Job Functions:
- Utilize ERP system to maximize efficiency and productivity of work flow, allocating required resources to ensure timely completion and flow of processes.
- Provide direction to the distribution team around required resources needed to respond to workload variances.
- Track, compile, analyze, and report on data and statistics regarding work area productivity, accuracy, efficiency, volume, and results of projects.Â
- Provide direction and assistance to the team by clarifying questions relating to job assignments and by resolving issues.
- Assist in training, developing and managing employees in non-exempt positions. Monitor and enhance individual performance through clearly defined expectations, training, coaching and counseling to required results.
- Ensures a safe work environment through education and training, promoting safety awareness and accountability, and identifying safety opportunities.
- Ensures all policies and Standard Operating Procedures are adhered to and that training on said policies are effectively managed.
- Direct all applicable areas of the distribution operation which may include receiving, put-away,Â inventory record management, materials management, pick, pack, and shipÂ - both to direct to customer and subsidiaries.
- Review product category and item velocity information as required to optimize warehouse capacity.
- Ensure that orders arrive and are dispatched on time to the appropriate destinations and in the expected quantities to meet agreed KPIâs and objectives; review outstanding orders, priority orders, etc.
- Review systemic and operational processes in all areas of responsibility to streamline the operation to improve efficiencies and cost structure.
- Motivate, organize and encourage teamwork within the workforce to ensure productivity targets are met, while training staff and monitoring their performance and progress.
- Ensure quality, delivery and budget objectives are met.
- Respond to and address internal and external customer communication by e-mail and phone in a timely and professional manner.
- Administer the cycle count program and maintain an accurate inventory control system.
- Conduct effective team meetings to communicate team performance, business objectives, improvement projects and potential roadblocks
Who you are:
Education: A BA/BS degree is preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years in a distribution managerial position.Â
- Six Sigma Blue or Green Belt desirable.
- Experience with Oracle / SAP WMS is preferred.
- Ability to interface with both internal and external auditors.
- Demonstrable knowledge of warehousing procedures and inventory management
- Proven applied knowledge of service performance metrics
- Ability to provide leadership and assign and direct the work of others
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to make sound decisions, multi-task and prioritize
- Be proactive in problem solving and driving resolutions
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of MS Office
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.