A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your role : Launching and leading the Fertility Technologies Business in the U.S. This business represents an entirely novel business for EMD Serono, as the first non-drug revenue platform. This role will drive strategy and execution entering a brand new market, develop and implement the strategic plan and “go to market” model, lead the cross-functional launch team, design, hire and lead the customer facing team, drive Fertility Technologies selling activities in key accounts, and meet or exceed revenue and profitability goals. This position will interface closely with local support functions, both Global Franchise, and other US Fertility TA colleagues, and will be a key member of the Endocrinology and Fertility Leadership team.
- Collaborating closely with Global Franchise, develop and implement launch plan, strategies and tactics including positioning and messaging platform, value and pricing strategy
- Develop go-to-market model inclusive of customer facing design, competencies and staffing plan, sales forecasts, budget requirements, account targeting plan, and Key Performance Indicators
- Lead cross-functional launch team and ensure all critical path work-streams are delivered in a timely, high quality fashion
- Hire, develop and lead national Fertility Technologies sales and customer support organization, utilization and adoption of innovative FT products and services
- Build and manage relationships with key account stakeholders in targeted ART Centers including HCPs, Lab heads, embryologists, practice directors, and financial decision makers
- Lead, develop and implement annual operating and marketing plans, identifying clear customer insights, objectives, strategies, tactics, and investment required to achieve leadership vision and competitive differentiation
Who you are : The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 7-10 years of experience in commercializing (marketing and selling) products in a medical/life sciences device / equipment category; Fertility experience preferred, but not essential. Extensive experience in account based “project” selling, with a demonstrated ability to drive customer adoption of novel, innovative technologies. Sales and/or marketing launch experience a must and a track record demonstrating outstanding business results including developing and achieving sales forecasts and expense targets; proven ability to grow business with limited resources. Minimum 5 years managing, leading and developing people required with a proven track record of building high performing teams that consistently drive results. Strong understanding of current legal, regulatory and compliance environment a must. Experience working within a global organization and effectively influencing within a matrix environment. Understanding of Device and Pharma Compliance and Regulations
- BA/BS required
- MBA or advanced degree strongly preferred
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.