A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
We are a dynamic growing, international pharmaceutical company headquartered in Reinbek near Hamburg. Within the global Merck KGaA pharmaceutical, chemistry and life science group, we have with great success specialized in the development, manufacture and sale of preparations to diagnose and treat allergic diseases. We are amongst the leading pharmaceutical companies in the area of specific immunotherapy.
To support our Pharmaceutical Development, we are looking for a Protein Scientist (m/f) for a temporary full-time position (until 31.12.2018), starting at the earliest date possible.
In your diverse area of responsibility, you will be expected to:
- Characterize proteins and protein mixtures by various biochemical and biophysical assays
- Develop, optimize and transfer analytical methods
- Support development of innovative therapeutics to cure allergic diseases
- Collaborate in interdisciplinary project teams
- Design experiments and instruct lab personnel
- Evaluate and report analytic results in German and English
- Solve acute analytical problems and challenges
- Work in close collaboration with the departments of Production, Quality Control and Regulatory Affairs
- University degree (Master, Diploma) in a life science (e.g. biology, biochemistry, pharmacy or food chemistry), PhD preferred
- Profound knowledge in bioanalytical methods (e.g. light scattering, mass spectrometry, laser diffraction, spectroscopic and chromatographic methods) as well as in the biochemical and biophysical characterization of proteins
- Skills in method validation and inter-lab method transfer including corresponding documentation desirable
- Knowledge in the field of allergy research and work experience in product development desirable
- Experience in QC of proteins, in compilation of regulatory documents and knowledge of GMP/GLP preferred
- In-depth knowledge of MS Office programs
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in German and English
- Self-organized and proactive way of working, strong motivation, problem-solving skills, assertiveness, ability to motivate others
What we offer: At Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2merck.com