A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The Global Analytical Technology Lab supports Merck’s Pharma network with troubleshooting, development and improvement of pharmaceutical analytical methods. It uses scientific and innovative approaches employing e.g. DoE, QbD and new technologies. The lab addresses issues of global relevance and works closely together with global functions. It also supports projects for manufacturing process improvements and consults and advises regarding analytical methods and technology. It grows and manages the knowledge of analytical methods and drives innovation.
You improve and develop analytical methods for pharmaceutical products by applying your expertise in dissolution and HPLC. You support with troubleshooting, you drive innovation and apply state of the art methods. You issue reports to evaluate data or document analytical knowledge, contributing to the growth and storage of knowledge. You collaborate closely with global analytical project leaders, site QC labs, highly specialized analytical labs and process technology experts to reach your objectives.
Who You are:
- You have a technical or graduate degree (or equivalent) in pharmacy, chemistry or engineering.
- You have expert knowledge in the development of analytical methods (incl. DoE, QbD, statistics); especially in the development of dissolution and HPLC methods.
- Experience and expertise in other methods like Karl Fischer Titrations, GC, IC or hyphenated methods is much appreciated.
- You have experience in working with solid dosage forms and validating methods.
- You are a proficient user of office software and IT systems and have a thorough understanding of GMP and regulatory requirements.
- You have consolidated professional working experience in a similar role.
- You like working in an international team with diverse cultural backgrounds and many interfaces using your excellent English and German language skills, additional languages being a plus.
- You are self-motivated, well organized, like to take the initiative and able to lead a part of a project.
What we offer: At Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2merck.com