A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Reports to: Head of Strategic Marketing
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The incumbent will provide business development support for our OEM (Original Equipment Makers) customers. They will be the primary strategic contact for this customer base. The position is responsible to develop account strategies and supporting tactical implementation of the marketing plan and execution of product initiatives. Drive sales revenue through marketing and sales promotions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manages overall OEM customer interface
- Contact OEM Customers regarding new product directions and product performance
- Prepares short, intermediate, and long-term customer strategic plans and objectives and report monthly on the progress towards meeting approved objectives, justifies variances and indicates corrective actions taken.
- Works with the marketing team to implement marketing tools, programs, and services that fulfill brand strategies and achieve operating plan
- Works with marketing team to ensure that product prices are market oriented, competitive and profitable
- Develop promotional plans by analyzing market data, chemical literature, product requests, and customer service information.
- Support team efforts as assigned in order to meet department, business unit, and company objectives. Especially when OEM is critical for companyâs program success.
- Completes global market research on customers, competitors, and material segments of lithography, deposition and spin-on dielectric materials.
- Contributes to the effectiveness of own work team through the quality and timeliness of the work produced.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with other departments to achieve specific marketing goals as well as to achieve overall company goals
- Provide input to organizations on product life cycle â new product ideas, deletion of existing products.
- Leads team to map key contacts, decision makers, procedures, policies, structure, and new product opportunities within the Accounts/Territory.
Education: B.S. in a chemistry, material science, or engineering discipline is required, advanced degree such as MBA or demonstrated course work towards an advance degree a significant plus.
- 5+ yearsâ experience in the silicon semiconductor industry as either a supplier to or maker of semiconductor chips
- 5+ yearsâ experience in marketing, tactical marketing, sales or some combination thereof.
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to influence colleagues and peers to achieve goals
- Demonstrated and evaluated pubic speaking ability with a focus on sales training and/or marketing presentations (face to face and webX)
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal. Fluency in Japanese and English essential, other languages would be a distinct advantage
- Ability to work with multi-national sales, marketing, R&D and operational professionals
- Computer literate, able to learn and/or use MS Word, Excel, and Merck business systems
Knowledge and Skills:
- High level of competence and success with field based sales activity including on-site seminars, tradeshow activities, face-to-face customer interactions when assigned.
- Extensive understanding of the semiconductor manufacturing and customer base.
- Provide guidance to the tactical product development team.
- Good understanding of the selling process and customer dynamics, direct sales and marketing experience highly desirable.
- Experience in generating and execution of promotional plans.
- Proven ability to communicate with customers, both internally and externally, at many different levels of an organization.
- Proven leadership capabilities with the ability to mentor and train employees.
- Ability to meet revenue budgets and grow market share in line with the strategic requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including marketing campaign material development.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in a competitive environment.
- Demonstrated successful in field based activities requiring travel such as trade shows, seminars and working with sales representatives..
- Work with team members to create individualized development plans.
- Ability to gather and analyze data, and work with complex systems such as BI and SAP to extract reports and information.
ADDITIONAL LOCAL NEEDS:
- Environmental conditions: Normal office conditions, able to travel worldwide (30% of time)
What we offer: At Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2merck.com