Associate Scientist 3 Environmental Monitoring - 12 month Fixed Term Contract
A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Responsible for Environmental monitoring (EM) of manufacturing areas within BioReliance UK.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Associate Scientist 2 (AS3) is responsible for the performance of Environmental monitoring of manufacturing areas within BioReliance UK. The post holder will also maintain good housekeeping, equipment maintenance and stock control to ensure the smooth running of the laboratories.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS.
- Being responsible for all environmental monitoring of Cleanrooms
- Air sampling - viable and non viable
- Microbial sampling - air and surfaces
- Gram staining and identification of microorganisms using API (Analytical Profile Index)
- Responsible for QC role, performing environmental monitoring of the manufacturing facility, recording of results and carrying out any investigation arising from monitors as required.
- Works within the laboratory following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and relevant compliance regulations to ensure routine studies are completed on time and accurately recorded to meet appropriate scientific and GLP/GMP regulatory standards.
- Maintains Laboratory SOP books ensuring removal of superseded versions (where appropriate)
- Performs routine peer review of raw data records as required.
- Maintains stock control in the laboratory and order consumables and reagents through i-procurement
- Informs relevant personnel immediately when any deviation has occurred during routine testing and acts according to instruction to raise a deviation.
- Carries out housekeeping and equipment checks as appropriate to ensure that laboratory compliance is maintained at all times.
- Performs environmental and personnel monitoring activities, updating electronic records both promptly and accurately
- Proactively implements improvements to laboratory processes and procedures in accordance with 5S principles.
- Ensures a safe and healthy work environment at all times by not only complying with but actively embracing health and safety policies and procedures, ensuring the safety of yourself and others within the workplace.
- Actively maintains a clean, tidy and safe work environment.
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post. Job descriptions will be regularly reviewed to ensure they are an accurate representation of the post
- HND or higher qualification in Biological Sciences or a related subject
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a scientific laboratory role, ideally within a contract testing laboratory environment.
- Previous experience working in a regulated environment (GLP/GMP) would be advantageous
What we offer: At Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2merck.com