A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: Responsible for the development, planning, and realization of Merck Global Manufacturing & Supply (GMS) strategy. Lead one of GMS’s strategic priorities: e.g., advance technologies, develop network, improve operations. Manage strategy topics for one or more of GMS’s Business Functions: e.g., Development & Launch, Biotech Manufacturing, Pharma Manufacturing, Supply & Network Organization. Provide project leadership and management for design, execution, review of key strategic initiatives, address bottleneck through collaboration with a large and diverse set of internal and external stakeholders. Drive insightful analyses and preparation of executive-level meetings and documents.
Who you are:
- PhD or another post-graduate degree in life sciences required.
- Min 3 years’ experience with a top-tier business / strategy consulting firm
- Must have +8 year of experience in strategy and project management within healthcare and (bio)pharma industries
- Expertise in all aspects of strategy: e.g., design, planning, execution, review
- Experience (bio)pharma operations topics including development, manufacturing, supply chain
- Experience in interaction with top management and preparing board-level presentations
- English fluent
What we offer: At Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2merck.com