A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Regional Clinical Operations Head – EMEA (m/f)
Your role: An exciting new opportunity has arisen to join a rapidly growing and international organization within Merck. This is a senior leadership role and you would work closely with the Global Head of Regional Clinical Operations and lead the organization. In this role you would need to drive data-drive oversight of all site operations across Therapeutic Areas and study Phases. You are expected to lead and steer site management as well as central coordination for developing long-term relationships with clinical investigators, enhancing the image and reputation of the company and for providing an interface between the company, the investigator and the service provider across multiple countries. As a senior leader, you would anticipate and mitigate issues or risks in the region or countries with sites/investigators as well as CROs, as well as lead and coordinate study management for regional and local clinical trials across countries in own region, phases and therapy areas, and activities related to Investigator Sponsored Studies and Collaborative Research across therapeutic areas within region. Alignment and support of CRMs vs. local / regional commercial organization priorities for clinical trials and driving operational support for local medical strategy across the portfolio within own countries constitute main responsibilities of the role.
As a people manager, you would manage directly Regional Clinical Operations Country Heads and Cluster Country/Shared Service Heads within region. You would provide functional excellence to Site Relationship and Operational Leads (SROL) on CROs and investigator management as well as to Clinical Research Managers (CRM) on local trial management. You would ensure appropriate development of team members to drive continuous improvement, compliance and delivery of clinical trials. You would manage the implementation and integration of organizational changes or new roles and responsibilities and adjust and incorporate changes to existing roles as appropriate
Who you are: a Clinical Development professional with
- more than 15 years of experience in clinical research, in biotech, pharmaceuticals or CRO, including experience in Clinical Trial Management and working in or managing Clinical Monitoring (Program Manager / Senior Director level).
- at least 5 years of people and resource management, ideally in a multifunctional or multinational setting
- experience in managing managers and/or active role in marketing authorization process across the globe
- high self-motivation and proactivity, willingness and ability to take on responsibility
- strong cultural awareness
- ability to assess risk, solve problems and take decisions
- ability to think beyond the confines of own function; considers interfaces, understands need for and actively fosters cross-functional cooperation
- fluency in English (oral and written) – other Regional languages appreciated
Position requires both domestic and international travel up to 30%
What we offer: At Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2merck.com