A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
- Supports sales of Analytical Standards in the Applied Business Unit within Merck
- Responsible for advancing the sales of the Analytical Standards portfolio within Merck by telephone, email, exhibition & account visits.
- Achieves quarterly & annual sales targets. Directly impacts coverage, growth & margin.
- Proactively competes for all known sales opportunities within stated territory through account call planning in order to meet & exceed sales plan. Includes sending out and following up on quotes, contracts & tenders. Ensures that all necessary resources are used in order to close sales in favour of the company.
- Works together with Account Managers to optimise the sale of product and compete for new business. Deals with low & high value customers, qualifies their business potential, and develops future business opportunities and growth by outbound & inbound telephone calls.
- Builds and maintains relationships with customers & potential customers in assigned territory by telephone & customer visits. Ensures promotions & relevant information is communicated to customer and competitor information is gathered & recorded.
- Accurately forecasts future business on a regular basis, or at a request by team manager. Plans to call customers well in advance to start negotiating sale of product or enquire about future sales.
- Develops and maintains detailed customer /prospect records and ensures that the relevant mailing list and database reflects this information. (eg Customer file, forecast file)
- Maintains regular telephone contact with assigned Active Accounts
- Processes orders and generates quotations
- Researches new sales opportunities in active and new accounts
- Introduces new products to Active Accounts
- Creates reports on product needs of customers for new product development
- Creates reports on opportunities for follow up by AC Field Sales
- Works with the Marketing team on defined projects
- Supports and attends exhibitions and conferences where appropriate, 2-3 times per year.
Bachelor’s degree in a science subject or equivalent
Willingness to train and accurately implement telesales actions essential. Some sales experience would be an advantage.
Knowledge and Skills:
Fluency in French
Excellent oral and written communications
Ability to grasp and convey technical information
Essential Team working skills
Builds rapport at all levels
What we offer: At Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2merck.com