A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
- Perform month-end close activities related to cost accounting.
- Prepare P&L with analysis
- Prepare and analyze cost and inventory reports
- Develop, maintain, and review standard costs
- Coordinate physical inventory counts
- Review excess inventory with managers to maintain proper reserve levels
- Work with supply chain for dispose of obsolete inventory
- Identify and drive process and efficiency improvements within cost accountingÂ
- Support cost-related payable process
- Provide audit support as needed
- Ad Hoc Reporting & Project
- Graduate degree (or equivalent) in accounting or business related background
- Good computer skills in Excel, Power Point
- Audit or SAP experience is a plus
- Be a good team player but work independently
- Detail-oriented and positive working attitude
- Can work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to set yourself challenging goals in order to achieve superior performance
- Fluent spoken and written English
What we offer: At Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2merck.com