A career with EMD Performance Materials is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To provide support to the business and operations by providing efficient and cost effective logistics and
inventory warehouse management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Day to day shipping & receiving functions, working with the Logistics Supervisor
· Performs distribution/logistics routing.
· Coordinates and administers import/export shipping; working with customer service.
· Prepares packaging, labelling and transport documentation.
· Creates and documents standard operating procedures for logistic related processes.
Essential: High school diploma or equivalency
Desirable: An Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred.
Desirable: SAP & Computer Processing
Essential: 1-3 years of experience in logistics field
Certified in IATA, IMO, and DOT Dangerous Goods shipping / regulations.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Experience with all modes of transportation including air, ocean, and truck.
· Knowledge of dangerous goods transportation.
· Knowledge of both domestic and international shipping required.
· Some knowledge of carrier special services involving dangerous goods
· Knowledge of required documentation for dangerous goods and import / export shipping
· Proficient and certified in IATA, IMO, and DOT Dangerous Goods shipping / regulations.
· Experienced with Truck, Air and Ocean shipping.
· Familiarity with expedited transport carriers and services.
· Knowledgeable with carrier and forwarder pricing and charges.
· Knowledgeable and experienced with import / export requirements, and the creation of required
· Familiarity with INCOTERMS
· Experience communicating with international freight forwarders and carriers.
· Experience with receiving and inventory
ADDITIONAL LOCAL NEEDS
- Be able to lift heavy weights
- Average size to be lifted is 25-30 lbs,
- 50 lb. lifts could occur 4-5 times per week (done with assistance)
- Required to bend, stoop, move products, stand for long periods of time.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.