A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Who we are: MilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany – a leading science and technology company. It offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
Your Role: Monitor and direct the activities of ISO 13485 Packaging environment which deals with requirements for a quality management system where an organization needs to demonstrate its ability to provide medical devices and related services that consistently meet customer requirements and regulatory requirements applicable to medical devices and related services. This also includes monitoring productivity, inventory accuracty, quality, service, and safety. This includes training, mentoring and motivating employees, as well as establishing performance standards, monitoring employees’ performances against those standards, and appropriately communicating evaluations of performance to employees. This job is also responsible for the identification and implementation of system and/or process enhancements invovling filling operations using automated and semi-automated equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Supervises the deparment under direction of the department manager.
- Participates in talent selection process.
- Engages in performance management and discussions to retain and develop employees.
- Resolves and maintains employee relations through effective communication for the area including team meetings and daily interaction.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments and provide guidance to staff.
- Ensures company safety, work and housekeeping standards.
- Evaluates processes and methods, recommends and implements measures to enahnce safety.
- Ensures employees are trained on safe handling of hazardous chemicals.
- Responds to emergency situations.
- Recognizes and initiates near-miss reports. Completes accident/incident investigation reports within required time.
- Conducts audits for compliance to procedures, rules and regulations. Provides feedback for both safe and unsafe actions.
- Reviews and revises departmental SOPs
- Monitors resources daily and schedules workload and staff accordingly for packaging operations.
- Distributes work assignemnts based upon resource evaluations.
- Maintains required documentaiton including unit records, productivity, and activity reports.
- Leads, initiates, promotes and actively participates in enhancement initiatives.
- Facilitiates participation from direct reports with process improvement projects.
- Represents department during internal and external audits.
- Researches and recommends equipment including capital improvement projects and provides financial justification.
- Exercises judgement within defined practices and policies and selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Mentors, trains and develops staff on new or existing processes and/or procedures.
- Miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations, Chemistry, Biology, or Business preferred.
- Equivalent work experience accepted.
- A minimum of three years with Packaging operations and leadership experience in GMP quality systems is preferred.
- Additional operations experience in a Chemical Manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Must have SAP experience or similar ERP background.
- Knowledge and Skills:
- Understand how to manage, motivate, and develop employees.
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft products, SAP, NCR, EDOC and other internal systems which affect overall inventory accuracy and material movement processes.
- Excellent time management and communication (verbal, listening, and written) skills.
- General knowledge of process improvement techniques and basic change concepts.
- Ability to train staff on new or existing processes and/or procedures.
- Knowledge of hazardous storage, and shipping regulations.
- Knowledge of PDSA and 5S techniques.
- Ability to implement change.
- Problem solving capabilities, able to think quickly and make quick rational decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to operate powered material handling equipment.
- Overtime as the workload requires.
- Ability to use Fishbone, RACI or similar tools for root cause analysis investigations.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.