A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: Cherokee Process and Analytical Development deliver custom products to multiple manufacturing facilitiesÂ you enable the production of GMP chemical and biologic agents for use in clinical testing and commercial pharmaceutical products. The Supervisor of Analytical R&D leads a team of analytical and/or bio-analytical scientists responsible for enabling methodologies for raw material, intermediate product and final product method qualification and release testing. Proactive improvements of internal work processes or procedures along with expanding the Analytical R&D toolbox to increase efficiencies and/or enable differentiation from external competitors are also required.
Who you are:
- B.S. in Analytical/Bio-analytical Chemistry or a related field and a minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience or a M.S./Ph.D and at leastÂ 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Strong organizational and time management skills necessary to effectively manage and prioritize a complex portfolio of time sensitive analytical development projects in a fast paced environment
- People or resource management experience for up to 10 direct reports at various career path levels as well as the ability to make data-driven decisions
- Superior customer facing skills that instill client confidence and maintains scientific excellence
- Emerging people/professional development skills necessary for mentoring and succession planning
- Demonstrated working knowledge of analytical chemistry and bio-analytical methodologies required for chemical or biological product characterization and release testing according to FDA, ICH, USP, EP, EMEA, EU and/or JP regulations.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of drug development, manufacturing, industry standards practices and regulatory requirements for analytical or bio-analytical method development, qualification and validation
- Established experience leading and/or contributing to departmental, project, safety and cross-functional process improvement initiatives using 5S and/or Six Sigma Yellow, Green or Black Belt tools
- Ability to work collaboratively with other analytical, chemistry, engineering, manufacturing scientists and project managers in a matrix organization and on process improvement teams.
- Operations leadership experience coordinating facility renovations, capital equipment and metrics management
- Ability to excel in a team environment through concise and transparent communication (written and verbal) as well as effective collaboration
- Well documented presentation skills as well as both written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices for pharmaceutical products
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.