A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Merck has an extremely large and strategic presence in Switzerland with 2,000 employees across all business sectors and 9 sites including Manufacturing, R&D Centers, Commercial and Group Functions.
Your role: Work within the Business Technology International group, as part of the European Business Partner organization for Switzerland. You are a senior subject matter expert in Pharma, manufacturing, Life science and associated systems. Serve as the executive expert for all the business functions on systems and technology. You will contribute to the leadership team initiatives, and strategy for digital improvements. Establish and manage client relationships with Country executives in demand and portfolio management, service and complaint management. Proactively advise the business on trends in technology and identify related risks and opportunities. In this matter, initiate and develop the BT strategy and transformation processes in Switzerland. Ensure the implementation of the global BT strategy in the country and initiate the appropriate communication and corrective actions where needed. Regularly report on current and future Business requirements and promote BT solutions accordingly. Collect and manage the IT demand and roadmaps of the business, and support and advise in the prioritization of projects and related activities. Be accountable for initiation, steering and delivery of the entire IT project portfolio of your business clients.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in science, information technology, computer science, engineering, mathematics, pharmaceutics, and/or business administration
- Detailed business knowledge of Health care, Life Science & manufacturing industries
- Extensive professional experience (7-10 years) in various IT roles in the Pharmaceutical or Life science industry.
- Leadership experience (5+ years) in developing and executing technology strategies and/or project portfolios.
- Broad knowledge in Information Technologies and capable to quickly learn new areas to gain domain expertise. Strong willingness to continuously develop and grow.
- Language(s): French, English, additional languages would be advantageous, especially German.
What we offer: At Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2merck.com