A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Who we are: MilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany â a leading science and technology company. It offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
Your Role: Direct all day-to-day activities of the warehousing areas.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Coordinate workflow. Directs activities in Packaging II, Receiving, Raw Materials, Stockroom and Shipping, traffic and hazardous shipment.
- Assigns work based on incoming work and current staff. Redirects staff as needed.
- Trains employees
Responsible for planning personnel and equipment resources to maintain packaging system workflow.
- Reviews needs for personnel based on workflow. Requests additional help as needed. Moves current staff to other positions within the warehouse as needed.
Responsible for hiring decisions, reviewing performance of employees, coaching and counseling, and ensuring that employees are properly trained.Â
- Provides training and completes documentation for all employees.
- Coordinates external training, as needed, for staff.
- Completes performance appraisals.
- Provides coaching to staff.
- Encourages employees to become more knowledgeable about Supelco products and processes.
Work with Order Processing and Technical Service to process special orders and sample requests. Help resolve customer problems.
- Works within systems to help with special customer needs. Communicates as appropriate with personnel involved.
Monitor Packaging processes.
- Ensures that staff is adequate to complete packaging processes.Â Assigns overtime as needed
Who you are:
Education: BSBA - Business logistics, mgmt or closely related field of study.
Experience: Prior supervisory experience in an industrial setting is preferred.
Essential and Critical Skills:
- Thorough knowledge of warehousing systems, including shipping, stockroom, receiving, etc. Excellent PC skills. SAP experience preferred. Ability to direct the work of others. Strong communication skills. Excellent internal (Supelco) systems knowledge.
ADDITIONAL LOCAL NEEDS:
- Warehouse environment. Not climate controlled;may be hotter or colder than other work areas, depending on weather. Moving equipment, concrete flooring, noisy. Individual office cubicle
- On occasion, ability to lift packages up to 40lbs.Â
- Hearing and vision within normal limits.
- Ability to work at PC for long periods of time.Â
- Occasionally will need to stand for several hours.
- The above description covers the most significant job duties and does not exclude other work assignments not mentioned.
What we offer: Your possibilities to develop in our growing company are just as manifold as our product portfolio. We offer a modern and international working environment to unleash your innovative potential in diverse teams, and take responsibility for our employees, products, the environment and society.
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.