A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The Finance Manager is a key contributor to the functioning of the operation, with the incumbent reporting directly to the Managing Director. Principal responsibilities will include general accounting and financial reporting duties for the Maltese registered finance companies, liaison with the external and internal auditors, tax advisors and Merck Group companies internationally. The Finance Manager is also responsible for the preparation of, and attendance at, the Board of Directors’ meetings, working closely with the company secretary. The role also involves the monitoring and reporting of investment portfolios, contributing to the selection of asset managers from time to time, and interpreting performance. The Finance Manager is also responsible for managing the day-to-day local tax and administrative processes of the local companies.
The ideal candidate should:
- hold a recognised Accounting University degree or equivalent qualification;
- have a minimum of two to five years post qualification relevant work experience. Preference will be given to candidates exposed to the financial services industry. Experience in asset management would be an asset;
- be proficient in the use of computer applications, in particular financial and spreadsheet software. Proficiency in SAP will be considered as asset;
- have a high level of interpersonal communication skills in English. A good command in the German language would be considered an asset; and
- be hands-on, pro-active, with excellent interpersonal and communication qualities.
An attractive remuneration package, commensurate with qualifications, experience and personal attributes will be offered to the right applicant.
What we offer: At Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2merck.com