A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Commercial Process Excellence is a division within the Commercial Operations team, sits within, and supports the Global Research Solutions Business Unit, in addition to this this cross functional team also support the Applied Solutions Business Unit globally. MilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany – a leading science and technology company. It offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
Your role: We are seeking for an individual with strong process improvement / process excellence experience & lean six sigma qualifications. In addition to this we are looking for someone with people experience who can not only lead a cross functional, but geographically diverse team. An essential element for the candidate is a positive record of accomplishment in implementing and inspiring an organization for continuous improvement and change. The candidate will lead own projects, coach other individuals running lean projects and support the local management team in achieving a continuous improvement culture.
- Able to lead, execute complex process improvement projects.
- Identify pain points, and develop specific proposals and execution plans for improvement projects.
- Commercial stakeholder communication is critical to this role, to enable the team to align to strategic priorities and communicate on current ongoing projects.
- Able to drive a effective change management approach in order that processes can be easily and effectively transitioned to the commercial organisation.
- Participate in global projects and actively seek and share best practices in the network.
- Supports Continuous Improvement culture development through bottom-up approach (engagement, empowerment & autonomy at all levels of the commercial organisation).
- Owns the process improvement process, rituals, escalation & cascade of KPI’s and the improvement dynamics associated with them.
- Coach and potentially train Belts within and external to the immediate Commercial Process Excellence team.
- Manage commercial process excellence pipeline, ensuring selection, tracking and outward reporting is well implemented.
Who you are:
- Proven demonstration in application of Lean Six Sigma tools
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and communication skills
- Ability to influence with indirect or no authority
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to teach and coach
- Self-starter with excellent organization skills
- Experienced green belt, ideally Lean and Six Sigma Black Belt Certified
- Six Sigma Project Experience
- Bachelor's / Master’s Degree
- 5+ Years experience
- Strong Project Mgt skills
- Commercial experience or strong knowledge
- Mentoring Experience
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.