A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: As Senior Corporate Counsel for Life Science, you will serve as the Legal business partner and lead counsel for Merckâs Research Solutions business unit in Europe, Middle East and Africa, and for Life Science Strategic Distribution and Pharma Global Accounts. You will provide a full range of legal support for the business, including drafting and negotiating distribution and other commercial agreements, advising and training senior management and sales teams on antitrust law and other legal risk areas as well as on commercial processes, and managing litigation and claims relating to the business and regions you support. You will participate on the Leadership Teams of the relevant business organizations and on related strategic project teams. You will coordinate effective legal support coverage for EMEA with Merck Legal colleagues and will engage and oversee external counsel for litigation and other matters requiring resources or expertise not available within Merckâs Legal team. The position will be based in Darmstadt.
Who you are:
- Graduate degree in law (or equivalent) and admission to practice law in Germany or other major European jurisdiction
- Minimum 6 years experience in large law firm and/or multinational corporate legal department, involving international legal issues and business transactions
- Business-fluent English and German; other European language a plus but not required
- Experience in life science industry strongly preferred
- Experience and strong familiarity with antitrust/competition law (particularly EU)
- Excellent communication and pragmatic problem-solving skills
- Ability to interact well with senior management and colleagues in matrixed organization
What we offer: At Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2merck.com