A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: As a Global Finance Communications Manager you will lead the planning, development, and implementation of communication and activities to support our Group Finance organization. This is an exciting opportunity to support the Finance business objectives all while evaluating the effectiveness of our communications for continuous improvement.
In this role you will enforce and explain guidance and frameworks to enable a communication in line with global messages and objectives. You will also be responsible to manage day-to-day communications including newsletters, internal announcements, webcasts, including the maintenance of the finance intranet site. Moreover you will advise on appropriate channel usage and influence design and implementation according to both Finance and the organization´s brand and reputation. You are open to interact with all Finance areas, support Group Finance initiatives like employee engagement and change management. You will be able to work effectively both independently and within a multi-disciplined team of specialists.
We are looking for someone who is as passionate about our work as we are and has the skills and attitude to be successful.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (preferred) in a communication-focused field such as Business, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or related discipline
- Profound understanding of and creativity with regard to digital collaboration platforms and Social Media Channels. Ideally first experience with MS SharePoint and HTML.
- Experience in designing and implementing marketing or change and communications measures
- Strong communication & project management skills
- Proven experience with organizational change, corporate reputation management, internal brand reinforcement, and stakeholder engagement
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, and to manage multiple projects, deadlines and priorities.
- Confident in interacting across all hierarchy levels including senior management
- Demonstrated excellence in working collaboratively in a team setting
- Professional-level writing and editing skills for Web and traditional media.
- Very good PowerPoint and text writing skills
- Fluency in English and German
What we offer: At Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2merck.com