A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Within our therapeutic area "Immuno-Oncology", you will contribute to our research program exploring the field of cancer and inflammation, and to the translation of basic research insights into immuno-therapeutic approaches. A major part of your scientific work is focused on the tumor microenvironment and is based on a deep understanding of immunology as well as experience with the myeloid cell compartment. You will interact with other members of the group, as well as with members of discovery project teams. You are a flexible, proactive, creative and detail-oriented person. You can work effectively and independently under pressure according to timelines in complex projects. Furthermore, outstanding written and oral communication skills are essential, as well as your ability to distill complex issues in order to develop and clearly articulate solutions. You will be based in Darmstadt/Germany, and will report to a principal scientist in the group.
Who you are:
- A recent PhD in Biochemistry, Medicine or related fields (max. 4 years after completion)
- Excellent knowledge in immunology is absolutely mandatory. Ideally, you also have a deep understanding of cancer biology and the tumor microenvironment
- Your publication track record clearly demonstrates your qualification
- Extensive experience in a variety of immunology/tumor biology techniques
- Proficiency in spoken and written English (negotiation level)
What we offer: At Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2merck.com