Customer Service and Order Management Representative - German
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
In this position you are responsible for the execution of the entire customer process, from the moment an order is placed to taking care of after sales service. You guarantee the quality of our supply chain and you are therefore in contact with key accounts, sales colleagues and manufacturing sites.
An eye for detail and passion for the job make you the best at your work. Youâre always looking for a way to optimize Merckâs service and like to share these ideas with your team.
- Manage customer accounts and interact with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns and requests about products and services
- Answers phones, takes product orders, checks inventory availability or status of shipment, verifies customer pricing, prepares and processes customer return goods for credit and/or replacement
- Interacts with and supports company sales representatives
- Handle and resolve customer complaints
- Escalates requests and unresolved issues to the designated resource
- File records of customer interactions and transactions
- Works under general supervision with some instructions given for routine work and detailed instructions for new types of work or special projects
Who you are
As an ideal candidate you have the following:
- An (educational) background in Business
- Customer serviceÂ experience in a similar international environment
- Experience with SAP and Oracle systems a plus
- Fluency in German both conversational and written plus fluent English. Other EU languages are a plus
- A positive outlook on dealing with customers and know how to organize/prioritize your work.
- Enjoy working in an international team
- Driven to provide outstanding customer service
- Flexible â open to change and able to adjust accordingly
You are the key to our success!
What we offer
Merckâs portfolio extends from liquid crystals for displays and pigments for automotive coatings to
cancer treatments, and your possibilities to develop in our growing company are just as manifold. As a
stock-listed company we still make history â not least because we take responsibility for our
employees, products, the environment and society. We offer modern and international working
environment to unleash your innovative potential in diverse teams.
The Merck Customer Service Center for Western Europe is based in Amsterdam in a highly multilingual environment. On office days at regular office hours about 220 people serve Merck clients from Western European countries like Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, UK, Ireland, Benelux, France, Spain, Portugal and Italy.
Do you want to work for an A-brand multinational? And for the oldest operating pharmaceutical and chemicals company in the world? And do you care about building up relationships with B2B customers? Join Merck!