A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Pricing Specialist executes on operational pricing activities to ensure the integrity of pricing data and pricing conditions within the ERP system.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proactively supports improvements to the accuracy and efficiency of price practices.
- Modify and/or implement customer negotiated prices accurately into the ERP system.
- Support the Customer Excellence organisation and interface partners with enquiries linked to negotiated customer prices.
- Ensure the timely and accurate execution of the centralized agreement renewal process.
- Investigate and act upon negotiated pricing discrepancies resulting from any failed uploads.
- Execute Vendavo Deal Manager training for all Research and Applied sales people in Western Europe.
- Coordinate and support creation and maintenance of user profiles in Vendavo Deal Manager and respond to queries from Vendavo users.
- Support sales promotions, negotiated freight requests and rebate agreements for Western Europe.
- Manage catalogue files and customer pricing, liaising with E-Catalogue resources to ensure up to date and accurate catalogue files.
- Assist on special projects as requested.
- Champions the lean six sigma methodology across Customer Excellence.
- Respect, live and share the Merck values.
Interfaces with other Departments/Functions:
- Customer Excellence teams: Management & teams (Customer Service, Commercial Support, Technical Service)
- Sales Enablement - Territory Management, Incentives and Commissions & Reporting; Sales and Deal Analytics.
- SMI - Pricing Analytics Execution.
- SBS master data team.
- Sales organization
- Suppliers for projects/benchmarking
Professional & Technical Skills
- Previous experience in a Pricing role, or similar Data function.
- Experience in Life Science or Chemical industry desired.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Solid communication skills (in English, oral and written).
- Open and inclusive mindset
- Applies a best of both worlds approach and challenge the status quo
- Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively.
What we offer: At Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2merck.com