A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Who we are: MilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany – a leading science and technology company. It offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
Your role: Material handler for large busy finished goods DC operation in Milwaukee. Main requirements are picking product and putting product away to storage locations. Most of the work is done in
narrow aisle storage locations using "cherry picker" type lift trucks. Some double bottom and sit down lift use will also be required. This is a fast paced DC operation with
daily productivity and quality standards required. Not all time will be spent on a lift truck. Some floor selecting and put away will also be required based on business needs.
Who you are:
- Education: HS Diploma or equivalency required.
- Experience: One year of work experience and one year experience operating powered industrial equipment preferred. SAP and Manhattan software experience helpful. Experience packing/shipping hazardous materials helpful. Shipping regulation knowledge or experience also preferred.
- Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to effectively communicate in a professional manner with all levels of staff both orally and written.
- Ability to read, hear, speak and understand English language.
- Ability to work in a group setting.
- Software skills. RF scanner proficiency; ability to move, crate, and audit material with scanner.
- Understand basic shipping regulations and where to locate shipping information.
- Good organizational, time management and written/oral communication skills.
- Ability to work quickly and adjust to changing priorities in a fast-pace environment.
What we offer: Your possibilities to develop in our growing company are just as manifold as our product portfolio. We offer a modern and international working environment to unleash your innovative potential in diverse teams, and take responsibility for our employees, products, the environment and society.
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.