A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The commercial Viral & Gene Therapy (VGT) group for MilliporeSigma is responsible for driving sales and managing client relationships in the Viral & Gene Therapy segment of the biopharmaceutical market. Through our understanding of the market we look to develop and maintain effective business relationships in order to drive long term alliances with the top tier VGT clients in the industry.
Your role: This role will cconsistently achieve or exceed the territory sales plan by applying a working knowledge of Professional, Consultative and Strategic Selling skills to maintain existing business, developing incremental business in existing accounts. In addition, utilise available data sources to analyse and capitalise on strategic territory opportunities with the greatest ROI.
Who you are: This role requires a comprehensive understanding of the VGT market space, manufacturing technology and the drug development regulatory environment, as well as the ability to make strategic decisions and articulate this future vision to both internal and external audiences at all levels of the organization.
- Education Level and Languages Required: Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Virology or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Professional Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Requires a minimum of 3+ years of relevant sales / technical sales experience or equivalent client relationship experience, ideally balanced in a bio-manufacturing environment or contract testing service environment.
- Experience with negotiating long term contracts
- Relevant industry experience in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology environment is required. Knowledge of Commercial approvals, process development, bioreactor technology, downstream processing and biological safety testing preferred.
- Experience within a regulated environment and ability to interact effectively with process development and quality assurance / quality control professionals
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to manage projects across functions
- Strong negotiating skills required. As “voice of the expert”, provide effective communication and working relationships with customers.
- Special Requirements
- Working from a home office environment.
- Travel up to 40% of the time is required.
- Ability to occasionally lift boxes weighing approximately 30-50 pounds.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.