A career with EMD Performance Materials is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Scope of Responsibility
- Business Area/Field: Global Product Management / Leading Edge BF / PM-I BU
- Number of Direct/Indirect Reports by function: None
- Reporting line (who this position reports to): Global Head of Deposition Project Management
- Countries in scope of responsibility: All - Global
- Manage teams using leadership, technical and team building skills to drive projects for designing and manufacturing specialized material containers for use in deposition applications.
- Coordinate container development activities across various functional areas using stage-gate processes, and remove barriers to the timely completion of projects.
- Lead short-term projects – such as Root Cause Analyses or Corrective Actions – to address quality issues, and Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Support Global Product Management and Key Account teams with preparation of proposals.
- Prepare reports and other documentation to communicate project requirements and statuses to customers, suppliers, internal team members and management.
- Participate in customer or supplier visits or audits.
- Support Global Product Management in alliance strategies for the product line, including joint development programs, collaboration/partnership with equipment makers and raw material suppliers, etc.
- Other tasks, as necessary, to support business initiatives.
Who You Are
- Essential: Degree in mechanical engineering or related field preferred, but not required.
- Desirable: Additional background in business, project management or quality.
- 10+ years’ experience in a related field.
- Essential: Experience with managing multi-disciplinary projects, knowledge of project management systems and tools, basic understanding of CVD and ALD processes.
- Desirable: Knowledge of quality systems in the electronics manufacturing industry, knowledge of container-related regulations and applications.
- Language: Good command of English
- German and/or Japanese/Chinese/Korean are a plus.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, to work independently in a fast-paced, team environment, and to motivate and drive others toward successful completions of tasks.
- Willingness to travel, including international travel.
- Key relationships:
- Internal: Container Engineering Group, Global Product Managers, Manufacturing, Procurement, Finance, Quality and PM-I Management Team, Deposition Materials Project Management Team.
- External: Customers and suppliers, other Merck KGaA and EMD Performance Materials’ sites.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.