A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Key Responsibility and job specific and key skills:
- Working with marketing, sales and finance, develop the long-term business plan for the Chinese GBU ensuring alignment with HQ growth and profitability expectations.
- Identifying and addressing the opportunities and issues against the long-term business plan for Chinese GBU Unit in timely.
- Implement innovative digital pilots for new business model in selected area
- Provide strategic options to business to ensure long term success of business.
- Track progress of the key projects ensuring activities are completed on time, risks are identified and addressed and that information is communicated efficiently to facilitate punctual registration and launch of new products
- The GBU Senior Strategic & Alliance Project Manager will be the point of the contact within the Business Unit for the local implemented project.
- Manage relationship, at a local level, with partners with responsibilities primarily being to ensure alignment on operational and strategic matters along with resolution of issues which have impact on the partnership.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with the contract and HQ expectations
- Act as point of expertise for the contract to a.) ensure contract is followed b.) financial plans and transactions reflect contract and c.) advise other team members on contractual issues
- Ability to lead by influence across internal functions especially technical and commercial teams
- Proven ability to build strong and credible relationships with external parties
- Proven record of delivering results in ambiguous and complicated environments
- Combination of strategic thinking with ability to work operationally
- HQ communication
- The role would be suitable for someone looking to develop a broader set of skills across functions and would provide good preparation for a subsequent role in business development or project management.
- HR 89832
What we offer: At Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2merck.com