A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The main responsibilities of the warehouse specialist are to participate the warehouse construction, commissioning, inspection and acceptance. Report to material manager and manage all warehousing and logistic activities, maintains inventory and supplies by receiving, storing, and delivering materials. Manage warehouse workers to execute all warehouse related tasks fulfilling quality, EHS, compliance requirements. Key user of SAP module and responsible for SAP roll-out in 2018 in the part of warehouse.
- Participate the construction, commissioning, inspection and acceptance of warehouse with the engineering team.
- Report to material manager, lead daily operations of inbound and outbound logistical operations to ensure efficient supply of goods and products regarding
- inventory management
- Manage warehouse people by providing schedule, tasks and priorities on daily operations. Assist in hiring and training of new workers.
- Maintain warehouse related data and document in defined system, quality procedures and in SAP
- Support material manager to assure compliance to all related authorities, quality and EHS requirement for storing, transportation and importing and exporting by technical or organizational measures.
- Ensure that warehouse facility and equipment is properly used and maintained
- Support material manager to identify and resolve technical, operational and organizational problems of substantial complexity or operational importance.
- Support material manager to creates and implement continuous logistic Improvement plans to comply with internal and external customers’ requirements.
- Support material manager to impact the level of service to meet the objectives for Quality, Volume, Timing / Service
- Identifies and implements cost saving initiatives with reconciliation with involved areas.
- Contributes the value-added perspectives or advisory services that are important to decision making.
- Act as key user of SAP module and responsible for SAP roll-out in 2018 in the part of warehouse.
- Interfacing with QC for hosting sampling and stability rooms in warehouse, support them when reasonable and necessary
- University or college graduate in business, IT, logistic or related
- Extensive professional experience 5+ years in logistic area and 2+ years supervisor role
- Good command in English and Chinese in writing and speaking
- Familiar with basic MS office software
- Good communications skills
- Experienced in SAP warehouse module
- Requred Merck competencies: Purposeful, Result-driven, Collaborative
What we offer: At Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2merck.com