A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your role: As Senior Global Product Manager you will work with a closely with a newly created, and highly visible team focused on next generation technologies for pharmaceutical production. In addition, you will help create, implement, and manage the near and long term marketing strategy for the Ultrafiltration Product Area focusing on improving customer satisfaction and driving portfolio growth. The product management team operates as the hub for product life cycle management, innovation, and marketing. In this highly visible and collaborative role you will need to:
- Develop and implement product innovation and go-to-market strategies by working cross-functionally with R&D, Segment Marketing, Sales and Technology Management.
- Create and execute upon annual marketing plans focused on: product revenue growth, operating margin, innovation and life cycle management.
- Support promotion and training activities for the global market with product specific content/ knowledge, e.g. sales campaigns, webinars, conference presentations, etc.
- Manage the portfolio’s life cycle by preparing product introductions, optimizing and aligning product and marketing mix to customer needs, and by supporting product change and obsolescence processes.
- Periodically present to customers and attend industry events.
- Lead marketing activities related to product development and market launch. This includes but is not limited to: product market research, alpha trials, concept briefs, market assessments, labels and packaging, data sheets, user guides, and sales training.
- Actively monitor competitive activity, market dynamics and voice of customer.
- Capitalize on market opportunities by developing concise and actionable marketing plans that drive sustainable profitable growth.
Who you are:
- Entrepreneurial, self-starting, strategic thinker with demonstrated track record of success in the development and execution of marketing strategies.
- Proficient in all aspects of product management.
- Demonstrated expertise and knowledge of biopharmaceutical processing.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a high degree of independence.
- Self-motivated, energetic, organized, and results oriented.
- Capable of influencing and navigating through a complex organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Degree in biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, chemistry, engineering, or related discipline. M.Sc. or PhD preferred, MBA a plus.
- 8-10+ years of professional experience (R&D, Product Mangement, Field Marketing) in the life sciences.
- Familiarity with ultrafiltration/diafiltration applications in biopharmaceutical processing is a plus.
- Knowledge and expertise in perfusion bioreactor processing is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Flexible and willing to travel internationally and domestically up to 20%.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.