Who We Are: MilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany – a leading science and technology company. It offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
Your role: The Calibration Coordinator/Engineer works with the Process Equipment and Validation/Calibration supervisors to provide success completion of activities related to calibration of equipment and some validation related activities.
Who you are:
Responsible for the successful execution of calibration (metrology) activities including work order closeout, coordinating calibration schedules and resource allocation. The Calibration Coordinator is expected to perform calibrations, if needed, and be able to discuss calibration principles and procedures with clients in an advisory role under the guidance of their Supervisor or Manager. Positive attitude with experience and working knowledge of Microsoft programs, CMMS (Blue Mountain RAM, Q&A and/or SAP is preferred) and you have good oral and written communication skills. Positive attitude with a minimum of an A.S. in Science or Engineering (e.g. Manufacturing, Industrial, Mechanical, and Chemical) and minimum of 3 years related experience in a manufacturing environment
- Understanding of ISO17025 requirements and AS9100 and ISO compliance
- Must be a strong communicator with the ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Experience validating equipment, spreadsheets or computer systems is a plus
- While performing this job, the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical equipment, harsh and/or toxic chemicals and biologicals, low levels of radiation, extreme cold (-70C) and noise in access of 100 decibels.
- Must be able to walk, stand, reach above the shoulders, use a cellular phone, use feet to operate equipment, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, hear, use hands to operate tools and equipment.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds unassisted and additional weight with assistance.
- Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may be required to wear a hardhat, safety shoes, eye protection, hearing protection, a safety harness, and protective clothing and gloves, respirator and face shield.
- Must have valid driver’s license and requires operation of company vehicles.
- Must be able to work at varying heights. Travel between buildings on site is required
What we offer: Your possibilities to develop in our growing company are just as manifold as our product portfolio. We offer a modern and international working environment to unleash your innovative potential in diverse teams, and take responsibility for our employees, products, the environment and society.
MilliporeSigma is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.